Senior Content Creator (Blognone)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Blognone is looking for a reporter / content creator who can work with an editorial team to create a full-spectrum content for our site from product reviews to news and in-depth articles. The coverage could be any aspect of the technology industry including but not limited to gadgets, mobile and web applications, social media, computing, gaming, online entertainment, IoT, tech-related business, tech companies themselves, and even the politics of technology.
The ideal candidate doesn’t wait for stories to be assigned to them. Instead, they proactively pitch stories, and are always looking for reliable sources and interesting angles on hot news topics. They must also be native to the digital and technological landscape with an intimate knowledge of the emerging and constantly evolving technology industry.
They will also be comfortable collaborating with the video production team to create a video script of the aforementioned domain and are a natural self-starter and organized professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and a team player who values our DNA.
The reporter / content creator will report directly to the team leader.
- Daily news writing, reviewing gadgets and developing authoritative analytical, in-depth articles to be published on our website and social media in a timely manner.
- A detail-oriented writer who can generate compelling story ideas and understands the magic of a good headline.
- Attend product briefings and product launching events: take notes, photograph the products (mobile camera will suffice or else our photographer will accompany), know which questions to ask and abide by the terms of NDAs/embargoes.
- Create and help develop a video script with creativity and comprehension of video storytelling.
- Analyze the results of your work in order to improve the content particularly with regards to audience engagement, response and performance metrics.
- 3 years+ of experience in online media publication. Experiences in technology-related media is a plus.
- Thai and English proficiency is a must.
- Knowledge, understanding and keen interest in technology, digital spaces and Blognone’s core coverage areas.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills being able to summarize and simplify the stories.
- Ability to research, analyse and summarize the essence and gist of data and information.
- Ability to multitask and take on multiple assignments with ‘all-hands-on-deck’ and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A positive, curious, playful disposition (no haters).
- Comfortable working with data and spreadsheets when needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.